This building has 3 rooms/areas available to be booked on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to the Scouting youth program. All rooms have access to wifi.
- Gilwell Room (Downstairs – (no windows) – accessible meeting room ideal for 10-25 with tables, chairs, whiteboard, screen, screen & hook ups for projection
- Brownsea Room (Downstairs – with windows) – accessible meeting room ideal for 10-15 with tables, chairs, whiteboard (NOT available weekdays 2-6pm)
- Upper Hall and Dance Floor – Large carpeted activity area plus large hardwood floor area with stage, warming kitchen, tables, chairs for 100, stage, screen
Upper Hall and Dance Floor Rentals
UPSTAIRS is rented as one location. This includes a large hardwood play/dance/seating area with stage, an upper carpeted area, a kitchen with fridge, stove and microwave (no dishes) and two washrooms (no shower).
Seating capacity 100. Tables and chairs available. Parking on site for approx. 40 vehicles. No alcohol is allowed on site. No wheelchair access to Upper Hall.
Sleepovers: UPSTAIRS is ideal for a Scout or Guide group sleepover – comfortable capacity for this would be 30. It is available most Friday evenings after 6 pm, and some Saturday nights. Open to Scouts and Guides- local or out of town groups. Sleep-over rental rate: $6/person/night for local Scout groups; $8/person/night for non-Scout and non-local groups.
Like-minded 3rd party groups must provide Certificate of Insurance covering Scouts Canada for $2,000,000 liability insurance for duration of stay.
- NOT available weekdays 7-9 am and 2-6pm Sept-June,
- NOT available 7am-6pm July, August plus Xmas & Spring breaks and discretionary days,
- NOT available evenings Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from Sept-June
Meeting rental rate (up to 4 hours)- Local Scout Groups- $60, Non-Scout Groups-$70
Meeting Room Rentals
Downstairs MEETING ROOMS: (each with chairs, tables, whiteboard) These two rooms are on the ground floor and served by washroom. Accessible.
Brownsea Room is NOT available weekdays 2-6, September-June.
Gilwell Room (Downstairs):
Capacity 25. Has screen and hook-ups for projection. Scouting-$25/4 hour period, Non-Scouting-$30/4 hour period.
Use of screen and projector $15.
Brownsea Room (Downstairs)
Capacity 20. Brownsea Room is NOT available weekdays 2-6, September-June. Scouting $25, Non-Scouting $30 per four hour period.
Want to view or book a space at Scout House? You can make a request by emailing rentals(at)victoriascouthouse.ca with date, time and room required or call 250 727-3329 and leave a message with contact info. All Scout/Guide meetings and overnight bookings will be sent a registration form to book. All 3rd party (non-Scout/Guide) bookings are handled through Double Knot.